Perkins (federal law) requires states to compile various assessment data to help document student learning in Career-Tech programs. In Missouri, specific testing decisions are at the discretion of local districts, with the state collecting scoring data to help document achievement progress. MO DESE recognizes the A*S*K Institute Certification Exams* as one option for local testing. In addition, several three credit Program-of-Study exams are offered in cooperation with the MO DESE. For test specifications, click here.
- Entrepreneurship Program-of-Study (End-of-Program) (3 Credit)
This exam is offered nationally, in several versions. DESE curriculum most closely aligns with the MBA Research 3-Year program-of-study model (available free on the State's Connection Home page.) Pretest available July 1 - November 30.
- Finance Program-of-Study (End-of-Program) (3 Credit)
This exam is offered nationally, in several versions. DESE curriculum most closely aligns with the MBA Research 3-Year program-of-study model. Pretest available July 1 - November 30.
- Marketing Program-of-Study (End-of-Program) (3 Credit) This exam is offered nationally, in several versions. DESE curriculum most closely aligns with the MBA Research 3-Year program-of-study model. Pretest available July 1 - November 30.
- Missouri Business Management Exam
This exam is custom-designed for Missouri, based on competencies (performance indicators) from the following courses:
- Business Management/Leadership
- Business Communication
- Personal Finance
- Missouri Business Management/Entrepreneurship Exam
This exam is based 70% on the core exam (above) and 30% on additional competencies that specifically address entrepreneurship (starting and initial management of a small business) as defined by the standards of the Consortium for Entrepreneurship Education developed by MBA Research.
Data from the above tests will be aggregated at the school (not student) level and provided MO DESE to help the state meet federal guidelines.
Caution: During testing you will have the option of selecting from many different exams. Be certain your students access the Missouri version of the Business Management options.
Exams are administered by MBA Research through WebXam, an independent online testing vendor. The exams can be taken from any computer with Internet access.
*NOTE: A*S*K exams are based solely on industry data without consideration to actual high school curriculum. In general, they are more comprehensive and, therefore, more difficult. The end-of-program (program-of-study) exams are based on courses (and content) specifically recommended for high school programs. Detailed competency lists are available for all exams. See links above. NOTE: The A*S*K Institute exams are offered through a separate WebXam portal. Pricing and test administration requirements are different and require careful consideration. Students who meet standards of the A*S*K Institute receive certification and special recognition. See www.ASKInstitute.org for more details.
- The exams are administered by the local (school) test-site administrator (teacher).
- Exams are 100-item, multiple choice, available online (only).
- Exams may be administered at any time.
- Exams must be proctored. See Proctor Requirements.
- Students may be tested as a group, in several groups, or individually.
- Exam results are available immediately after the exams are submitted.
We strongly recommend starting the process well in advance (30 days minimum) to allow time to:
- Enter students into the system
- Complete a trial run to be sure all systems are working
To begin, simply estimate the number of times an exam will be administered and then purchase an appropriate number of credits. Once we receive your order, we’ll contact you to set up your account and provide detailed instructions for connecting with our WebXam system. NOTE: Because most online testing occurs (nationwide) in a very short period of time, it is extremely difficult to process last-minute orders. Orders with less than 30-day lead time may result in late fees from our WebXam vendor and/or from MBA Research if special accommodations are required to meet your deadlines.You will receive detailed instructions for administering the exams. via e-mail within 10 business days after placing your order.
Your purchase of program-of-study (end-of-program) exam credits allows access to all five available exams (and many others). Each time an exam is taken, one credit is used. All exams are administered online through our WebXam system, whiich is also used by A*S*K Institute and many state DECA associations.
Price of exams/pretests are based on the quantity purchased
Price Per Exam
Price Per Pretest
* Minimum order of 10 exams/pretests
For quantities 1,000+ call our office.
- Unused credits may be carried forward indefinitely as long as your account is actively used each year.
- Unused exam/pretest credits may be carried forward indefinitely as long as your account is actively used each year.
- Pretests available July 1 - November 30. Pretests are not available for the MO Business Management exam or the MO Business Management/Entrepreneurship exams.
- (MO Member*: Missouri DESE is a member of the MBA Research not-for-profit consortium of state education departments. Therefore, all Missouri business and marketing programs are eligible for member pricing on all products and services of the organization.)
Order directly from MBA Research:
Click here for order form to fax
MBA Research and Curriculum Center
PO Box 12279
Columbus, OH 43212
Phone: 800-448-0398 Fax: 614-486-1819
This page updated April 22, 2015.